Ingredients for rainbow cake:
Rainbow cake is very easy to make. Its highly recommended for tea time and for kids lunch box.
Kids who are picky eaters get attracted to the colorful layers. Its not must to add the colors, you can make a mono colored cake aswel.
So lets start with the jhaat pat recipe of baking rainbow cake
- Flour- 1 ¼ Cup
- Eggs- 2 Large
- Caster Sugar- 1 Cup
- Baking Powder- 1 ¼ Teaspoon
- Milk- ½ Cup
- Vanilla / Lemon Essence- ½ Teaspoon
- Food Color- Few Drops of each color you want
- Oil- ½ Cup
Method of baking rainbow cake:
- Pre-heat Oven at 200 degree Celsius. At the time of baking reduce it to 180.
- Grease the tin with oil and sprinkle some flour in it or line the tin with butter paper.
- In a bowl beat caster sugar and eggs (If eggs are small take 2 ½ eggs).
- Sieve flour and baking powder.
- Add essence, milk and oil to the eggs and sugar mixture.
- Now add flour. Mix with spoon and then beat a little.
- In separate bowls divide batter in equal quantity. Add the food color in them.
- Start pouring the batter one by one in the middle of the tin.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes.
- Insert a stick or knife to check if its done. If it comes out clean take out the tin and let it cool before you un-mould it.
All the ingredients mentioned in given recipe will make Dough enough for 9” round tin.